CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY Celebrate Recovery in Ventura County, Christ Centered 12 Step Recovery Program, Celebrate Recovery Moorpark, Celebrate Recovery Thousand Oaks, Celebrate Recovery Newbury Park, Celebrate Recovery Somis, Celebrate Recovery Westlake Village
When you are honest with yourself, do you find you cannot quit drinking or using drugs entirely? Do you have little control over the amount you consume? You are probably an alcoholic and/or an addict.
Characteristics of someone struggling with chemical dependency may include, but are not limited to:
· My addiction isolates me from people except when I am getting, using, and finding ways and means to get more.
· I have an inability to deal with life on life’s terms.
· I have tried drugs or alcohol or combinations of both to find contentment in a seemly hostile world.
· I have dreamed of that magic formula that would solve my ultimate problem — myself.
· At times, I have been defensive about my addiction and justified my right to use, especially when and if I used legal prescriptions.
· I am trapped in the illusion of “just one more time.” Or “this time it will be different.”
· When I did seek help I was only looking for the pain to go away.
· My track record shows that it is impossible for me to use successfully.
I will come to believe there is only one solution. I will accept Jesus Christ as my Higher Power and follow His plan for my life. I will work through the 8 Recovery Principles found in the Beatitudes. With Jesus Christ as my Higher Power, I can and will change!
We will learn how to:
· Live without drinking or using one day at a time with the help of the Higher Power, Jesus Christ.
· Stay away from that first drink. If there isn’t a first one, there cannot be a 10th one. And when free of alcohol, life becomes much more manageable.
· Experience the true peace and serenity you have been seeking.
· Restore and develop stronger relationships with God and with others.
· Stop relying on dysfunctional, compulsive, and addictive behaviors as a temporary “fix” for pain.
· Apply the biblical principles of conviction, conversion, surrender, confession, restoration, prayer, quiet time, witnessing, and helping one another.
I will also be willing to:
· Form an Accountability TEAM: Sponsor, Accountability Partners.
· Weekly attending the Open Share Group.
· Commit to a daily quiet time in the Celebrate Recovery Bible.
· Read about this area of recovery.
· Understanding the root of each core issue you identify with and become willing to experience grief, forgiveness, and acceptance.
As you draw closer to your Higher Power, Jesus Christ, you will learn how to apply the 8 Recovery Principles and 12 Steps, designed to guide you in this journey we call “Recovery.”
If you are diligent to provide willingness, integrity, consistency, and rigorous honesty, God will supply you with the courage, strength, and ability to take the necessary steps to gain freedom from unhealthy behaviors.
Are You Ready To Step Out In Faith?
We Meet Every Friday Night @ Calvary Nexus
380 Mobile Avenue, Camarillo, California 93010
Upstairs in Room 205
Call (805) 384-1182....... and all are WELCOME :)